Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cyriltra
Contributor III
Contributor III

Qlikview upgrade 2019 SR1 12.40.20100 to May 2024 IR 12.90.20200

Hello,

i'm upgrading laptop and i'm using qlikview desktop (personal).

I have 2 .qvw files that i've created and wish to keep using on my new laptop (so i should be within the 4 doc limits of the personal edition).

I'm trying to open 1 file on the new laptop, but seems qlikview is "hanging" for a while.... Is there something else i should do to migrate / upgrade my docs to the latest version ?

old laptop: Qlikview 2019 SR1 12.40.20100

new laptop: Qlikview May 2024 IR 12.90.20200

Thank you so much !

Labels (1)
16 Replies
marcus_sommer

Yes, it sounds strange. AFAIK all user-settings aren't buffered in some way else directly written into the settings.ini. This means if your language-choice itself was successful you should see this new/changed entry immediately within the file. Again it's not a solution but might be helpful to exclude possible causes.

Until recently it was very unlikely that any hardware/software incompatibility happens by the use of the QlikView desktop client - but I'm not sure if this is also true with the new ARM-based machines and the ARM-Windows. Therefore share also the key-facts to your machine + OS.

Cyriltra
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, this is my laptop specs:

Windows 11 Enterprise, version 23H2, Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22700.1027.0

Dell Latitude 7340, 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1365U 1.80 GHz, 16.0 GB (15.6 GB usable)

Thank you

Cyriltra
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hello,

i spent time with my IT department who elevated my user rights to local admin, but the same issue is occurring. We have also installed QV on one of the admin laptop and try to open my document and same issue. They are now running further tests....

Windows system log provides below information:

Cyriltra_0-1725243763988.pngCyriltra_1-1725243769683.png

And when going into Security and Maintenance panel, we can get the below additional info:

Cyriltra_2-1725243990411.png

Cyriltra_3-1725244004533.png

Cyriltra_5-1725244049172.png

Thank you

Cyriltra
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

some progress...

since i installed QV on my newlaptop, i never tried to create a new document on it.

I did it and got the following "warning" and clicked yes.

Cyriltra_0-1725247556909.png

After that, i try to open the documents i created on my previous laptop and now i got the below dialog box. At least now the program is no longer crashing or hanging. But i still cant open it up... so what should i do next ?

Cyriltra_1-1725247661508.pngCyriltra_2-1725247671023.png

marcus_sommer

That are normal responses in regard to use the personal edition - more information about the matter will you find here:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/May2024/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/QlikView_Personal...

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Please post a video that demonstrates the issue. Also, the Windows event viewer System and Application logs may have more information.

Best Regards 

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Cyriltra
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I can no longer do a video as i've already fixed the issue by simply creating a new document first (just after doing the installation).

The issue seems to be that i don't have any available slot to change the user key but the program didn't tell me that UNTIL i create first a document on the new computer. Only after that, when i try to open my old document i have the "failed to load" message.

So now i recreate my documents from scratch on the new laptop