Contributor
Contributor

Reducing Refreshing data time in QlikView

Hi,

I am facing some performance problems.

Pre-Infos:

QVW Size : 35MB

Sheet(tab) Number : 70

Object Number : about 5000(text, chart included)

Quite alot objects in a single QVW document though.

So here is my question.

1. Reducing refreshing time

When a user approach Access Point and click the document, it takes time for 5~6 seconds. And because of hourly data, it should be reloaded every hour. So guess what happens? QVW in Web pauses for 5~6 seconds every hour.

However when it comes to Data Size, which is 35MB, it seems to be small to take that much time. So I guess this is because of the number of objects. But here is the problem. My customer wants to put all these objects(includes text objects) in a single QVW. So dividing qvw cannot be an answer. Then what can be my choice to improve this time to 1~2 seconds?

P.S  I've tried

preload, not helping.

hide sheets that I do not use, also not helping.

put calculation expressions into script as much as I can, still not enough.

2. Partial Load without Publisher

As I said above, I have hourly data. And it is real small part of my data model, but it has to be reflected to my data model so the whole data model should be reloaded. For now it is small amount, so everybody is fines with this. But in future, it cannot be.

Although We are not supposed to use Publisher, is there any way to use partial load for this data to reload itself only so that the whole data doesn't need to be reloaded.

Thanks!

5 Replies
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

Here is an community thread on partial load: https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Documents/Partial-Reload-Easy-and-Simple/ta-p/1491323

You can also try to do a incremental reload as well. Are you using QVDs? If not you may want to look into using QVDs as well. That could help reduce the reload time.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-App-Dev/Incremental-Reload-using-QVD/td-p/1303691

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @Jessie,

What client is in use - AJAX or IE Plugin?  If using IE Plugin, "graceful refresh" can be configured.  See article How to Enable Graceful Document Refresh in QlikView 

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Jessie
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi @Chip_Matejowsky 

Thank you for your good Infos!

Unfortunately it is AJAX. It should be run in Chrome and Edge.

Can't I use it in AJAX?

Jessie
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@Lucas_Gatling  

Hi Lucas,

I think Incremental Load is not the case. The thing is Number of Objects(Front Ends).

Without any of them(If I load binary load only), I takes less than 1 sec.

BTW Thank you for Partial Load, I will check it.

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

Unfortunately this is only for the plug-in.

But the latest QlikView version has a plugin that works with edge

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/Is-there-an-IE-Plugin-for-Edge-Google-Chrome/ta-p/17121...