Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III

Reference for QlikView coredump dmp ctxf variables ?

Hello,

On my QlikView server I have frequent crashes mostly based on bad developement of Apps.

But I would be happy to be able to find some precise root causes based on .ctxf files.

Is there a reference somewhere for the structure of the ctxf files ?

Here is one below, I would be happy to have more details about how i can use it to find which element of the document is bad

Thanks

[ContextInfo]
Integrity=2
NbrActiveRequests=1
ReloadRequestId=-1
ExclusiveBlock=0
DocSxLock=0x0000000000000001
Username=myusername
SessionId=1d63993f-47ff-470a-99fd-d8fdc70d327c
DocName=D:\DOCS\MYDOCUMENT.QVW
TenantId=default
[RequestInfo]
Integrity=3
OrderNumber=42555357
TargetPtr=0x00000299CD22C020
TargetHandle=0
Exception=0
Started=1
Finished=0
Method=ListBox::GetLayout
SubObjectPath=
IsInValidate=0
[GlobalInfo]
Integrity=1
MemOverload=0.00
MemGCDepletion=0.00
MemLoLimit=219901581721
MemHiLimit=247389279436
MemCommitted=148347781120
MemReserved=199062048768
NbrCores=28
GcPageFileUsage=148347781120
OomErrors=0
Errno=34
StrErr=Result too large
ShutdownCalled=0
HasMTHigh=0

Labels (1)
15 Replies
David_Friend
Support
Support

to do crash analysis we have to engage R&D, and they will not work with an unsupported version, please reference: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Product-Lifecycle/QlikView-Product-Lifecycle/ta-p/1826339

marcus_sommer

There are various measurements within Qlik to prevent server-crashes but they won't fetch each occurrence. Especially the server-objects and their storage within the shared-files is common cause for issues - which are not obvious by investigating the application with the desktop client.

For testing reasons you may remove the shared-file (after a BACKUP) and/or disabling server-objects and/or trying to repair the file (within the power tools are viewer and a repair-tool available).

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for the link,

Unfortunately we have no immediate plans to migrate to a newer version .. 

And I understand no parameters of the  .ctxf are documented if only R&D can use them .. 

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Unfortunately, I have checked the settings and there are no server objects as we have denied them on this app. I have already seen that it may be the source of many issues.

I'll keep on testing this app.

marcus_sommer

I would look into the data-model and making sure that there are no synthetic keys and/or circular references. Further if there are any island-tables that they aren't used in the UI in an association against the normal data-model. Also reviewing all calculated dimensions - especially those with aggr() and the ones which aren't directly applied as object-dimension else anywhere in groups/labels/titles and so on.

fredericvillemi
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for these tips, I will look at those items in the document, the (quite small) document usually works fine and I haven't seen mistakes for the moment but there is something bad somewhere 🙂