Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
QueenS
Contributor II
Contributor II

Reload QlikView document using command line is stuck

Hello

I have Qlikview Server 12.8 and Qlikview client installed on a Windows server.

I need to reload a QlikView document using command line. The QV document uses OLED CONNECT in the script, to connect to a remote database.

The command I use is: QVDistributionService.exe -r="MyDoc.qvw"

This command works fine locally on the server, but I need to execute it from a remote linux server, Using SSH. I login with the same windows user that is the QV owner, so I have the same permissions.

when I execute the command remotely, the command stuck. I see in the batch log file that it start reloading the document and stuck on the OLEDB CONNECT command.

I enabled trace for OLEDB and I see that it didn't get to it. 

I enabled QvConnect.exe (ConnectorLogging = 1 in settings.ini), and it creates an empty log file.

what can be the reason that it stuck if I run it remotely, and works fine if I run it locally?

I already checked the environment variables locally and after the SSH remote login and it is equal.

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @QueenS,

Can you provide a screen capture of the command when reloading from the remote Linux server?

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
QueenS
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

This is what I do:

Login to Windows server where QV server is installed, using ssh:

$ ssh qvadminuser@<qv server ip>

and then I execute this:

"D:\Program Files\QlikView\Distribution Service\QVDistributionService.exe" -r="D:\MyDoc.qvw"

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

When using the QVDistributionService.exe command, the QlikView Service account is used to run the reload. What happens if you place the MyDoc.qvw on a network share and include that share in the filepath of the command?

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
QueenS
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I didn't understand your answer regarding moving the QV document to a network share.

I logged in via SSH remotely with the Qlikview Service account.

I do have permission for the script execution. I see in the log that it starts the reload, and stuck just on the OLEDB CONNECT command. 

Need to say that changing the command to ODBC CONNECT instead of OLEDB, it works ok.

But I prefer using OLEDB than ODBC since it's reload performance is better.