Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Report working fine on server but not on Access Point

Hi Experts,

When I opened an application  on SERVER it working fine but when I tried to open it with ACCESSPOINT it gives me some null values.

Section access is applied.

I am using QV11.2 SR5

BR,

Anta

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

The issue has been resolved.. issue was due to one of the filter, that filter was applied on section access.

View solution in original post

11 Replies
marcus_sommer

Is there any section access within the application?

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

yes, we are using section access.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Then it is possible that data reduction is causing some expressions to return null values.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

ok.. but same copy of document working fine on server and causing problem when we try to open it with Access Point

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You may be opening it with ADMIN access when you open it on the server - I assume that you are using QV desktop on the server?

When you open in the access point, you are opening in USER mode, regardless of your access level in the section access script.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It will happen if you use Section Access because of Data Reduction. May be you logged as Admin in server where as you logged in as User in Access Point so that you are getting these Null Values.

Not applicable
Author

NO, in both the access I am using my own ID...

Not applicable
Author

NO, in both the access I am using my own ID... I am access server by using RDP access

marcus_sommer

Are you really sure? Put a textbox with osuser() and qvuser() in the application and look if they return on server and access point the same results.

- Marcus