Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Scroll position in line chart

hi all,

Is there any way that to achieve the scroll bar in line chart should always starts from right side onwards.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

venkat

9 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

via macro.

Set rep = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("Document\CH10")
set p = rep.GetProperties
p.ChartProperties.XScrollInitRight = True
rep.SetProperties p

kji
Employee
Employee

In the Chart properties its found on the presentation tab, The checkbox is called "Reversed" and is positioned below the "Show/Enable X-axis Scrollbar".

Not applicable
Author

hi,

If i filter the data or moved slider position then the macro is not working.

Thanks in advance.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

The macro sets the initial postion of the scroll box. Once you start filtering data, the scroll box will change postions as required by the filter.

If you wanted the scroll box to be at the right after each filter, you would need to run the macro every time the data is filtered.

Not applicable
Author

hi, thank for fast response.

Actually i changed slider position and run the macro through button, but it is not moving to right of the chart.

What might be the cause ?

Thanks in advance

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

You're correct. That API call sets the initial scroll postion. After that, the user controls the scroll bar.

Not applicable
Author

hi,

After changing the slider position, can we make the scroll position should set back to right after leaving the sheet ? So when user come back again to that sheet scroll bar should be visible at right side.

Is this possible ?

Thanks in advance.

m_woolf
Master II
Master II

Don't think so.

Not applicable
Author

Thank for your participation on this post and sharing your knowledge.

If you got to know that it is possible, please share with me.

Once again thanks.

Regards,

Venkat.