Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Section Access and different levels of data

Hello to all,

I've been consulting this forum for quite some time now, thank you all for sharing your insights! 

So far I've been able to overcome all issues with the help of this Forum, now I've reached a dead end.

I need to create a unified reporting document for different user groups.

I want to provide three sheets (groups of sheets actually):

- per Country (sheet 1)

- per Branch (sheet 2)

- per Salesperson (sheet 3)

Managers should be able to see just their country in sheet 1, just their branch(es) in sheet 2 and their salespersons in sheet 3.

Salespersons should be able only to see their own data in sheet 3 (sheet 1 and 2 have been disabled for them).

I’m using section access to reduce data on the country level (sheet 1) which is working out fine.

Now I need to further reduce date (or limit the filtering options) for sheets 2 (branches) and 3 (salespersons).

I don’t think I’ll be able to do that using section access (again) as I need more data on sheet 1 so if I reduced it via section access data would be missing on sheet 1.

I’ve been looking through the forums for quite some time, unfortunately no luck so far – any suggestions on this?

Thanks in advance!

Norbert

11 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

of course you're right - the data model needs to be optimized, as always this is a matter of ressources, so first I'll have to concentrate on the reports...

I've already been looking into your suggestion on the other post - to be honest I don't fully understand how to employ the pick function yet but will investigate.

Thanks für your support so far!

BR

Norbert

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

unfortunately I'm looking at a tree-type hierarchy as you described it.

I managed to get the reduction on country Level working (SA) and was wondering if I could just limit the values in the listboxes we're using to filter for salespersons and branches. Seems like I can't, as I have found no such function so far.

BR

Norbert