Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
surajmaraje
Contributor II
Contributor II

Session logs are not getting generate while performing scalability test with dual licensing model

I am performing scalability test after migrating to dual licensing. I am running test with 5 concurrent users in 1 iteration and ramp up is 55 seconds. Test users are using analyzer capacity packs.

Test is finishing successfully but session logs are not getting generated. Also i can see session are tagged to QVS servers after completion of test ( i checked after 2 hours in QMC>>Status>>QVS Statistics) 

Can someone knows about this behavior? Why session logs are not getting generated ? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RaviDave
Contributor II
Contributor II

Interesting @Brett_Bleess !

I believe closing session explicitly in Scalability tool as action is part of ideal scenario creation and it also helps generating session Log immediately. This helps with avoiding wait time of addition of  session close entry into log file.   

@surajmaraje  Please confirm how issue was identified and solved.

Regards

Ravi

View solution in original post

5 Replies
RaviDave
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Suraj,

Can you share Qlik version. Few things to try:

1. If you assigned individual ID and access dashboard, does license get consumed and entered in Event log, Session log, Audit

2. Are entries created in Event log with test user? 

3. What happens when Test users are assigned Professional access.

Let me know whats the outcome. 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You did not say whether or not you looked in the QVS Session logs directly for the information?  The only thing that comes to mind is the QMS was not getting the session info from the QVS instance or some reason if the Session logs are showing the information....

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Server/Content/QV_Server/QlikView-Server/Q...

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
RaviDave
Contributor II
Contributor II

Interesting @Brett_Bleess !

I believe closing session explicitly in Scalability tool as action is part of ideal scenario creation and it also helps generating session Log immediately. This helps with avoiding wait time of addition of  session close entry into log file.   

@surajmaraje  Please confirm how issue was identified and solved.

Regards

Ravi

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

@RaviDave That is an interesting point you mentioned as well that I want to clarify, so as far as I know, the Scalability Tool may not forcefully close the session, cannot recall for sure, so if not, then the Max Inactive Session Timeout setting in the QVS settings is going to be what controls that, and there would be that amount of delay before the session is actually closed and written to the Session Log in that case...  Thanks for the catch on that, had not thought of that, so much appreciated you mentioning it.

Cheers,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
surajmaraje
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@RaviDave  thanks for solution. 

i have added close session  in Scalability tool as action and i got session logs immediately. This is helpful as you said this helps with avoiding wait time.