Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Suppress AD account that run services

Hello everyone,

We are going to do some operations on our server to enable us to be more than 2 to access the server in remote access. Currently, all the account are local accounts and all of them are going to be deleted.

What will be the consequences for Qlikview ? IfI re-create a local account which has the same name as the previous one (the one that run the QV services), will it work ?

Thank you for your help

3 Replies
HirisH_V7
Master
Master

Hi,

may be this way,

For Server 2012,

1. Open command propmt

2.write gpedit.msc and open it

3.Go to computer configuration -> Administrative Tempalates -> Wondows Components

->Remote Desktop services -> Remote Desktop Session Host -> Connections.

4. Here Disble the below mentioned.

Restrict Remote Desktop Services user to a single remote.....

NOw goto command propmt and update the group ploicy using below mentioned command.

Goto command propmt and type -> gpupdate and enter it. it should be successfully applied.

I think this will not effect your users.

HTH,

Hirish

HirisH
“Aspire to Inspire before we Expire!”
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your reply.

But my administrator is going to do what he plans to do (I don't understand veyr well administrations things...).

My point is that the local AD account that runs the QV services will be deleted and I want to know the impacts and how can I go over it.

Thank you for your help !

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The QlikView Windows Services will need changing to a new AD User that belongs to the same Local Groups as your current Local User, and the Services restarting

Your administrator should be able to create the new AD User and do this for you.

I'd suggest keeping the current Local User until you have tested all is ok before it being deleted.