Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
infosense_devel
Creator II
Creator II

Task Reload Performance issue.

Hello,

We have One QVW and we have schedule task to refresh that QVW twice a day, 12:00 AM and 06:00 AM. Issue is when it runs at 12AM it got competed with in 55-60 minutes but when the same task reloads same QVW file for second time at 6 AM it takes around 2 hour 30-35 min.

please find attached Log files for both refresh.

5 Replies
marcus_sommer

I assume that your task didn't run one a separate machine and theferore it need to be share the resources with other tasks, services (user accesses per access point ?) and programs. If the runtimes are critical you will need to inquiry more parameter (other tasks, users and so on) and trying to optimize your loadings and applications and also to invest in more hardware to split the various qlikview services on different machines or even the use of several machine for one services in a clustered environment.

- Marcus

infosense_devel
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thanks for your reply marcus_sommer

We have three different server

One server is for "Qlik View Server" service

Second is for "Qlik View Distribution Service"

Third is for "Qlik View Management Service"

Also we have not schedule parallel reload at any time and we are in testing face so i think from access point there should not more that 2-3 concurrent user.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Just, Check that before scheduling the task of the file size?

And then check the file size after allocate the task @12 AM

If it's working very good performance then try to allocate another task. And then check the size and let me know.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
infosense_devel
Creator II
Creator II
Author

are you talking about physical QVW size? it is about 750MB, and we are reloading same QVW at both time 12AM and 6AM.

And i am ok with 12AM refresh timing but i want to know why the same file is taking more time in second refresh.

marcus_sommer

It is the load from these table O2C_LINK_TABLE (several concatenations) which make the difference. If it's running on a own machine with no parallel qv-tasks I think the reason will be in some other system-tasks like windows shadow copies, some backup-routines, refreshing group policies and so on and/or the storage.system where the qvd's are stored is shared and busy with something.

Beside them I think your load is too large and it would be easier to handle + maintain and also to run it parallelized if you would split it in some slices and further to consider to implement incremental approaches. Here you will find some more informations how to optimize a datamodel: Advanced topics for creating a qlik datamodel

- Marcus