Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
julioarriaga
Creator II
Creator II

Unrunnable tasks with "Cluster is down" problem in QlikView QMC

Hi everyone,

Just today in the morning our server appeared with most of the tasks with the parameter "Cluster is down" in the "Started/Scheduled" column (image 1).

Characteristics:

* If we click the "Edit this task" button and click "Apply" with that task, it seems to fix it. Also if we do the same thing unhabilitating and habilitating again, also the task fixes. Nevertheless if we try to run the task, it appears to run for some time after reverting to its initial state. The task history doesn't appear to register anything.

* If we try to create a new task, it does the same thing of appearing to run for some seconds before reverting to its initial state.

* Also, the accesspoint, when we try to open an application in it, it gives a connection error (image 2).

This is what we tried so far:

* We checked the information of all the tasks in C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\MagamentService\QVPR and we found the files well.

* We checked the .meta and .shared files to see if there was any trouble there.

Thanks for your time.

Capture.PNG

Capture2.PNG

13 Replies
pk
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hello,

I'm facing same issue and have tried multiple option but no luck.

So, I would like to check, have you fixed this issue or not ? if yes  Please let me know what solution you used.

Thanks in advance,

regards,

Priti

pk
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @dr_suresh_baabu,

Am facing same issue, QMC is showing 4 services are down and Cluster is down and unrunnable task status.

I followed above step which you given but still status is the same and showing 4 services are down.

can you please suggest.

Thanks in advance 

Maria_Halley
Support
Support

@pk 

This was a rather frequent issue after restart in 12.10 and possible 12.20. There has been improvement since then.

There are several articles that discusses this

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/QlikView-Tasks-status-in-the-Management-Console-Unrunnable/t...

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/The-QlikView-Management-Console-displays-147-Cluster-is-down...

Maria

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

@pk,

Suggest that you start a new community thread for this topic, including the full build versions of your QlikView environment.  This thread is over four years old and a newer thread will likely get a better response.  Also, please note the resolutions for the previous versions (12.10, etc.) will not likely resolve the issue in the currently supported versions (12.40, 12.50, 12.60).  

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!