Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Upgrade testing in secured/isolated environment with no internet access

I submitted this ticket to support, but I wanted to reach out to the community as well to see if anyone else has feedback.  We’re doing a test run of upgrading from QlikView 11 to 12 in a secured / network isolated environment. (also utilizing Hyper-V to allow for checkpoints, reverting back, etc)  Our security policy for the environment does not allow internet access at all. We’re unable to complete the installation and perform our sanity tests because of what appears to be a failure to access our QlikView license server.  Is there an alternate way to do such testing?  Even if we obtain a temporary "test license" to perform the upgrade tests, we still would need it to be applied without having the internet access.  I imagine there are several customers who have done similar upgrade tests in the past.

Completing this test run is essential before we can plan the upgrade for our production environment. Is there an alternative to the real-time license check for secured/network isolated environments?

Please advise.

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If you have no internet access, then Qlik Support will be able to provide you the LEF licence details for you to manually enter.

Done this a few times and it works perfectly.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Bill.  Just so I am clear, are you referring to a separate, unique "Trial License LEF" of some kind that mirrors our current setup?  I am assuming that the current license details wouldnt work since they would effectively be duplicates of what is already in production for us.  I already have all of our LEF details for both Server & Publisher and when I paste those in it doesnt work offline.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I was just referring to the fact that one can manually enter a valid LEF without internet access.

For actually getting a separate, unique "Trial License LEF" of some kind then I'd suggest you contact your Qlik Account Manager.