Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sdcentre
Contributor II
Contributor II

Using QVS API to add users to distribution list

Hi,

I have a question: is there a way to utilize QVS API to add users to distribution list in QlikView?

And is there a proper documentation for QVS API for the people who want to call API methods directly from Linux command line (not using C# or PowerShell)? This, as far as I know, is possible using cUrl (at least based on the article below), but I couldn't find an appropriate documentation with all the methods available. 

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge-Base/QlikView-Call-QMS-API-with-cURL/ta-p/1717004?_ga=2.1496...

I know a similar question has been asked before (https://community.qlik.com/t5/QlikView-Administration/QMS-API-add-remove-AD-user-to-Publisher-task/t... ). However, there is no accepted answer in this thread.

Best regards,
Vlad

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @sdcentre,

The QlikView QMS API Reference lists all of the available namespaces. The namespace TaskDistributionEntry Class has a "Recipients" property, so that looks to be what you would need in order to add users to a Publisher distribution task.  If you need further assistance, suggest that you reach out to your Qlik account team who can inform you of other potential resources.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @sdcentre,

The QlikView QMS API Reference lists all of the available namespaces. The namespace TaskDistributionEntry Class has a "Recipients" property, so that looks to be what you would need in order to add users to a Publisher distribution task.  If you need further assistance, suggest that you reach out to your Qlik account team who can inform you of other potential resources.

Best Regards

sdcentre
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi @Chip_Matejowsky ,

Sorry for a late reply. Thanks for pointing me to the correct method.

I see that the example is coded in C#, so the question stil stands - is there a way of calling QMS API in some way other than C# and VB (for example, assemble a URL in a shell script or Python and call a corresponding method using cUrl or requests library)? 

Best regards,
Vlad

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @sdcentre,

is there a way of calling QMS API in some way other than C# and VB (for example, assemble a URL in a shell script or Python and call a corresponding method using cUrl or requests library)? 

Not that I'm aware of.  The links and example previously provided were directly from the QlikView Management Service API Reference Manual.

Best regards