Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dbaksa_1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Using Tidal Enterprise Scheduler with EDX (QV 11 SR7)

I'm trying to use Tidal to trigger an EDX .BAT executable. The following error message is received, I have configured the Tidal USERID in QVAdministrators and a QlikView EDX group.

Does anyone use Tidal? I see a note in the Using EDX document about passing a null GUID but I'm not sure where I would do this. Would this be done in the command line of the .bat? I can execute the .BAT manually and it triggers the task properly.

Any help on this is appreciated!!!!!!!!

Looks like Tidal is passing domain\UserA, however, the batch is running as “NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM” account. I’ll see if this can be changed in Tiadl.

E:\Qlikview\Tidal>E:\Qlikview\qmsedx -task="DIST QB3_JBA2SAP_Consolidated_Sales_Database 2014_2015 (USBP_USBD).qvw" -password=1234

Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException: Authorization failed for user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM, required access level is QlikViewEDX

Server stack trace:

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at QMSEDX.QMSAPI.IQMS.TriggerEDXTask(Guid qdsID, String taskNameOrID, String password, String variableName, List`1 variableValues)

at QMSEDX.QMSAPI.QMSClient.TriggerEDXTask(Guid qdsID, String taskNameOrID, String password, String variableName, List`1 variableValues)

at QMSEDX.Program.TriggerTask(IQMS qms, String task, String password, String variableName, List`1 variableValues)

at QMSEDX.Program.TriggerAndMonitorTask()

at QMSEDX.Program.Main(String[] args)

E:\Qlikview\Tidal>rem

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MichaelRobertshaw
Former Employee
Former Employee

QMSEDX performs NTLM authentication to the QlikView Management Service (QMS). As such, it operates as whoever is executing the command-line, which could be the interactive user account or the service account of the TIDAL Agent. If the TIDAL Agent is on the same machine as the QlikView Management Service, and the TIDAL Agent is running as LocalSystem, then merely add the hidden local account "SYSTEM" to group "QlikView EDX" (minimally) or "QlikView Administrators" (ideally). If the task being scheduled to operate at the agent must connect to a remote QMS, then it would be better to run the agent as a Domain Account that the QMS recognises as a member of QlikView Administrators, or perhaps you can configure the Task within TIDAL to operate as a specific Windows Account that the QMS recognises.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
MichaelRobertshaw
Former Employee
Former Employee

QMSEDX performs NTLM authentication to the QlikView Management Service (QMS). As such, it operates as whoever is executing the command-line, which could be the interactive user account or the service account of the TIDAL Agent. If the TIDAL Agent is on the same machine as the QlikView Management Service, and the TIDAL Agent is running as LocalSystem, then merely add the hidden local account "SYSTEM" to group "QlikView EDX" (minimally) or "QlikView Administrators" (ideally). If the task being scheduled to operate at the agent must connect to a remote QMS, then it would be better to run the agent as a Domain Account that the QMS recognises as a member of QlikView Administrators, or perhaps you can configure the Task within TIDAL to operate as a specific Windows Account that the QMS recognises.

dbaksa_1
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thank you for your input adding the SYSTEM account to QlikViewEDX group corrected my issue

Thanks Again,

Dan

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm trying to use Control M to trigger an EDX .BAT executable. The following error message is received, I have configured the control M USERID in QVAdministrators.

E:\QMSEDX\QMSEDX.exe -task="Modelo Carga Inventario General CL.qvw" -password=123 -verbosity=5

Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException: Authorization failed for user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Server stack trace:

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.HandleReply(ProxyOperationRuntime operation, ProxyRpc& rpc)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannel.Call(String action, Boolean oneway, ProxyOperationRuntime operation, Object[] ins\

, Object[] outs, TimeSpan timeout)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.InvokeService(IMethodCallMessage methodCall, ProxyOperationRuntime operation)

at System.ServiceModel.Channels.ServiceChannelProxy.Invoke(IMessage message)

Exception rethrown at [0]:

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData& msgData, Int32 type)

at QMSEDX.QMSAPI.IQMS.TriggerEDXTask(Guid qdsID, String taskNameOrID, String password, String variableName, List`1 variableValue\

s)

at QMSEDX.QMSAPI.QMSClient.TriggerEDXTask(Guid qdsID, String taskNameOrID, String password, String variableName, List`1 variable\

Values)

at QMSEDX.Program.TriggerTask(IQMS qms, String task, String password, String variableName, List`1 variableValues)

at QMSEDX.Program.TriggerAndMonitorTask()

at QMSEDX.Program.Main(String[] args)

Any help on this is appreciated! Regards

Paola