Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sanchayan
Creator
Creator

When not running QVP how does a task reload occur?

As I was going through the QV Server manual I noticed that when not running QVP there is an Alert tab present for SETUP >> QVS which consist of the email ids for sending alerts of task failures. So my question is that if QVP is itself not running then how are tasks being reloaded and published in the QVS?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Sanchayan Bhowmik wrote:

So what you are saying is that in absence of QVP the QV Reload Engine reloads the qvws and doesnt publish it in another directory or path like the QVP does right ?

Right. Search the forum for Publisher vs. Server, there are multiple threads that discuss the differences between editions.

For example:

Re: Diffrence Between QV Server with Publisher and With out Publisher?

Also what are the disadvantages if my QVP is not licensed?

All Publisher-Only functionality will be disabled.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Basically, even the QV server edition without Publisher does have a reload engine.

This engine has basic functionality, but it's often sufficient to serve the common requirements in small to medium size companies. For example, it does the reload on the source documents,i.e. it does not use the concept of source vs user documents.

sanchayan
Creator
Creator
Author

So what you are saying is that in absence of QVP the QV Reload Engine reloads the qvws and doesnt publish it in another directory or path like the QVP does right ?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Sanchayan Bhowmik wrote:

Right. Search the forum for Publisher vs. Server, there are multiple threads that discuss the differences between editions.

For example:

Re: Diffrence Between QV Server with Publisher and With out Publisher?

All Publisher-Only functionality will be disabled.

sanchayan
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks a lot Stefan for the help. Got the limitations from you provided thread.