Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
olks
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

XML DB Viewer unable to save table

Hi All,

Recently I dupe another backup environment for my server as a DR practice.

When I tried to use the said application to modify QVPR doc to the correct hostname, the following error occur.

Capture2.PNG

Appreciate if anyone could help.

Thanks!

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @olks , I understand your concern, but Stefan is still a Qlik Employee and reachable via the community.

For your case, maybe I'd use Microsoft's ProcMon to see if you can find out more about why access to the file is locked. Maybe some other programs locking it. You can also try copying the files somewhere else, editing them there and then moving them back to the original location. Does that work?

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @olks ,
if you have problems with the PowerTools, please reach out to the person in charge of them in this thread.
In the meantime, you will probably need to edit the XML files manually, using an XML editor.

Daniele - Principal Technical Support Engineer & SaaS Support Coordinator at Qlik
olks
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi @Daniele_Purrone ,

Thanks for replying. The thread has been posted 4 years ago, and the last online status of the person in charge in this community was almost a year ago.

I believe the problem in this error is not about PowerTools but with my User Account Control, however I cannot find a clear solution for that.

Daniele_Purrone
Support
Support

Hi @olks , I understand your concern, but Stefan is still a Qlik Employee and reachable via the community.

For your case, maybe I'd use Microsoft's ProcMon to see if you can find out more about why access to the file is locked. Maybe some other programs locking it. You can also try copying the files somewhere else, editing them there and then moving them back to the original location. Does that work?