Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

cannot open my qvw file after reload

Hi Qlikview Community,

unfortunately my qvw file crashes when i want to open the file. Is there a way to open files with no records?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
prieper
Master II
Master II

Within the Start-page in the "Recently Opened Documents" you may select your file, rightclick and choose to open without data. Thus you may recover a crashed application.

If no longer available there, you may rename the crashed application, create a dummy application under the initial name, delete it and rename the crashed application back.

HTH
Peter

View solution in original post

8 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

Within the Start-page in the "Recently Opened Documents" you may select your file, rightclick and choose to open without data. Thus you may recover a crashed application.

If no longer available there, you may rename the crashed application, create a dummy application under the initial name, delete it and rename the crashed application back.

HTH
Peter

mvaugusto
Creator
Creator

This save me

Thanks!!

Not applicable
Author

I have tried both of these methods and I'm still not able to open the application ? any other suggestions ?

mvaugusto
Creator
Creator

Post here the windows message ?

Not applicable
Author

I was in the process of debugging an expression formula when the app crashed.  Now when I open that document the message is "The document Y:\.. Failed to load.  Followed by a second message "failed to open document".

mvaugusto
Creator
Creator

I lost some qvw when windows showed messages like this

I think the file is corrupt.

Have you a backup?

I don't know how recover this file

Not applicable
Author

my back up is over a week old, so I do have one but I've lost a weeks work.  thanks for taking the time to reply I'll keep working on my back up.

Not applicable
Author