Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcus_sommer

check if qlikview server services are alive and able to response

Hi all,

are there any ways to check if qlikview server services are alive and able to response. I don't mean to look into the qmc or to check the services per windows services-check then the checks should be work automatically and a windows services-check queried only if the process is running and no error is communicated to windows - but this doesn't mean that the services worked properly.

I have seen the suggestion to tools like Servers Alive - https://community.qlik.com/message/196427#196427 - but I'm not sure if this isn't too comprehensive for me then I want not monitor anything I want only to be able to notice if the services aren't response anymore - to restart the services or the machine.

Maybe there are settings within the qmc or directly within the settings.ini which could do or at least support it.

In my old environment I have had a routine which checked each 6 hours if users are active on the access point (per reading the session logs) and if not restart all services - but I don't want to use such routines anymore. I have thought to something like to ping the services - is this possible? Are there other (easy) ways? How do you handle this topic?

- Marcus

22 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Hi @marcus_sommer 

I'm trying to find a solution for the exact same problem now, checking the Qlik services states..

Did you found an interesting solution for this ?

Thank you 

marcus_sommer
Author

No, not really. In the end I use nothing of it in production and go just in action if I notice any consequential error and/or I get any user-call and usually the last happens quite quickly but luckily (since a few years) not very often anymore ...

- Marcus

YoussefBelloum
Champion
Champion

Thanks for your time !

Hope I can find something interesting as soon as possible.. and the prod here remains as stable as yours..