Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prakash_1988
Contributor
Contributor

export to excel .xlsx not .xls

Hi All,

Please can you assist me.  I am on Qlikview version 11 and when I export to excel the data comes out in .xls format so IE opens it with Microsoft excel 2003.  I need the export to excel to open in .xlsx format.  My server has Microsoft office 10, so I have excel 2013 Version in Qlikview server  on it but When user export Data into Excel data export 2003 exce "xls' format and this format only 65 k rows support .  

So my question is ' how do I get Qlikview to export to excel in .xslx format please?' We need to change server level ? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @prakash_1988 ,

Have a look at the Qlik Support article "FAQ: Can QlikView export to XLSX file format? " which states that export to Excel in the .xlsx file format was first supported in the QlikView November 2017 Initial Release version (12.20 IR) as stated in the Release Notes for this version. 

So in order for export to Excel to .xlsx format, you would need to first upgrade the QlikView version from 11 to at least QlikView 12.20, but preferably version 12.30 or 12.40. There are many other valid reasons why you should upgrade including newer features, supportability of newer browsers and operating systems, greater stability and security fixes which are not in the QlikView 11.00/11.20 build versions.

Hope this helps.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

3 Replies
veidlburkhard
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

why not export your data as csv file. There are no limits to row number!

You can then open this file with your Excel 2013 version.

Hope that helps

Burkhard

prakash_1988
Contributor
Contributor
Author

HI Thanks for your answer.

But user required only XLSX Format . 

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hello @prakash_1988 ,

Have a look at the Qlik Support article "FAQ: Can QlikView export to XLSX file format? " which states that export to Excel in the .xlsx file format was first supported in the QlikView November 2017 Initial Release version (12.20 IR) as stated in the Release Notes for this version. 

So in order for export to Excel to .xlsx format, you would need to first upgrade the QlikView version from 11 to at least QlikView 12.20, but preferably version 12.30 or 12.40. There are many other valid reasons why you should upgrade including newer features, supportability of newer browsers and operating systems, greater stability and security fixes which are not in the QlikView 11.00/11.20 build versions.

Hope this helps.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!