cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frinfo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

generate logfile

Hi everyone, i'm running QlikView Desktop April 2020 SR2 and i want to generate log file of the reload script. If i go in Settings-->General Tab-->"Generate logfile" is disabled and i don't know how to enable it.

I know that, when i reload a file, qlikview automatically generate a log file called like the .qvw name to be reload.

Can anyone help me to set this functionality?

Best regards

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

You need to open the Source QVW in QV developer and enable 'Generate logfile' then reload the script. That will then generate the document log. 

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.

View solution in original post

Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

If you don't have the source file I would suggest asking your QlikView Administrator for a copy of it from the QlikView server.  A macro may work, I'm not sure of that  The easiest and cleanest way of doing things would be a get a copy of the Source QVW file.

Thanks,

Lucas

View solution in original post

11 Replies
rubenmarin

HI @frinfo, you can't check the checkbox?

Maybe this document has section access applied and you are accessing it as a 'USER' instead of an 'ADMIN'?

frinfo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Hi @rubenmarin , thanks 4 quickly reply.

Yes, when i open the .qvw file it ask me user and password, but my user is an ADMIN. How can i disable section access to check if the user is the problem?

Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

You will need to enter Username/password in the app to gain access and then edit the script and comment out the Section Access portion of the reload script and then reload the app. 

frinfo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

@Lucas_Gatling  the problem is not the script. If "Generate logfile" is disable is not depends by what  i  wrote in the reload script. 

Maybe some QlikView App configuration?

Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

I was replying to your question of how to disable "Section Access" on the App. The steps I mentioned are how to disable it. Once you disable it I would suggest checking if the 'Generate Logfile' is now available to check.

frinfo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I can't disable "section access" because i can't edit  script

Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

If the Edit script button is not available more than likely you are attempting to open a distributed copy of the QVW file and not the Source QVW. 

frinfo
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

Yes, it's correct.

But regardless of this can i enable the log file when i reload script?

Lucas_Gatling
Support
Support

You need to open the Source QVW in QV developer and enable 'Generate logfile' then reload the script. That will then generate the document log.