Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrea_cignoni
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

how can i give access to the access point only to the users that are present in a specific group of the active directory?

Hi,

a customer, where I installed QlikView Server (NO publisher) standard installation (NO IIS),

needs to give access to the access point only to the users that are present in a specific group of the active directory.

I changed the Directory Service Connectors with a Custom LDAP connection with these filters:

CN=SIL,OU=Groups,OU=Industrie,DC=sal,DC=com

If I go to the USER (QMC), I see the right users, but all users in the domain continue to access the access point.

I ask you kindly explain to me what I need to configure to do this.

thanks to all!!

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why not use as well Section Access in the report?

andrea_cignoni
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

because users do not have access even to the access point, as if their user does not exist

Not applicable

Hi,

If user is authenticated by the domain, users will have access to the Accesspoint as it´s only a "site".

The only thing that you can configure inside QlikView is access to QlikView documents.

So you need to configure access restrictions to Accesspoint outside QlikView.

For example host Accesspoint inside a portal and customize authentication.

If you set QlikView server to use DMS instead of NTFS, prohibit user when on Accesspoint, to see any documents, but either way they will not be able to open documents if they don´t have proper access rights configured in QlikView.

Anonymous
Not applicable

"but all users in the domain continue to access the access point."

this is a bit different of what you are saying.

1 - Can they or can't they access the AccessPoint?

2 - If the cannot access the accesspoint , check the corporate firewall and open the appropriate port.