Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

if function for dummy dimension (with set analysis) not work

Hi,

I have a question about if function in qlikview. I'm newbie with qlikview, and now i have a problem when i have a pivot chart with dummy dimension where i must get the value of that dummy dimension for every 3 months.

I get the value with the set analysis, but when i have month for selection, this chart is not get the value of 3 months, just get the value of month that i selected. I want this chart still get the value of 3 months however I selected just 1 month.

Please help me to find out what's wrong with my chart.

Thank you so much.

Regards,

Renyta

Message was edited by: Renyta Irene this is the new attachment..thanks

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Your attachment is not loading. The load is failing. Can you please re-attach it or post the expressions here.

Thanks

Angad

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Attached file is corrupted I think, I am not able to open.  If you want to ignore selections of the Month Dimension just do like this

=Sum({<MonthDimensionName=>} MeasureName)

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

this is actually my expression for my pivot chart:

if(ValueList('a','b')='a',

sum({$<TRANSDAT={">=$(=AddMonths( max(TRANSDAT),-2 )) <=$(=AddMonths( max(TRANSDAT),0 ))"},MONTH=,YEAR=>}sum_contract_no),

if(ValueList('a','b')='b',

(sum({$<TRANSDAT={">=$(=AddMonths( max(TRANSDAT),-2 )) <=$(=AddMonths( max(TRANSDAT),0 ))"},MONTH=,YEAR=>}SUM_REPOSES)/

sum({$<TRANSDAT={">=$(=AddMonths( max(TRANSDAT),-2 )) <=$(=AddMonths( max(TRANSDAT),0 ))"},MONTH=,YEAR=>}SUM_INSTALLMENT))

))

Not applicable
Author

Hi Angad,

Thanks for your reply, i do re-attach on my post earlier. please to see it. thanks

Renyta

Not applicable
Author

Hi Angad, this is actually my expresion in my pivot chart:

sum({$<TRANSDAT={">=$(=AddMonths( max(TRANSDAT),-2 )) <=$(=AddMonths( max(TRANSDAT),0 ))"},MONTH=,YEAR=>}sum_contract_no),

(sum({$<TRANSDAT={">=$(=AddMonths( max(TRANSDAT),-2 )) <=$(=AddMonths( max(TRANSDAT),0 ))"},MONTH=,YEAR=>}SUM_REPOSES)/

sum({$<TRANSDAT={">=$(=AddMonths( max(TRANSDAT),-2 )) <=$(=AddMonths( max(TRANSDAT),0 ))"},MONTH=,YEAR=>}SUM_INSTALLMENT))

))

Not applicable
Author

Hi Jagan,

Actually i get that set analysis on my expression, my expression actually is like this one:

))

can you please to see it and tell me where i'm wrong in my expression?

Thanks,

Renyta