Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
adcgermany
Contributor II
Contributor II

working set in QMC ( QLikview 12)

Hi All,

I am facing an issue running a Qlikview task in QMC installed in QV publisher.

(My QV publisher has 4 Cpu and 15 GB memory .

Qlikview server config : 16 cpu, 122 gb memory.)

The app which I have scheduled is close to 1.3 gb qvw size , it runs for sometimes and fails with a general script error. where as the same application  runs manually in qlikview server (16 CPU,122 gb )without issues. So my understanding is QV publisher has a poor configuration and is not able to handle then load.

What I would like to know if changing a working set in QMC ( for QVS service) will have any impact on the QV publisher ? My understanding , when a task is running through QMC it utilizes the CPU and memory of QV publisher only. After distribution only it take the QV server Memory and CPU. I would like to know whats the process happening in the back ground when a task is running in QMC.

Publisher, qlikview server and web server is installed in 3 different windows machines.

Regards,

Athira

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

The working set configurations are only for the server and don't touch the publisher directly. If server and publisher run on the same machine the will compete to the system-resources but on different machines they are independent of eachother.

In your case the RAM for the publisher may not be sufficient for this task especially if this app is compressed the real RAM size could be significantly higher. A look on the windows taskmanager if this task is running should show this quite clearly. If this is the case you need to increase the RAM capacity and/or optimizing the application.

- Marcus