Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Christian_Lauritzen
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

'# ##0' Integer format string issue

Hi,

When formatting a number using num(), e.g. =num(sum(count),'# ##0'), it is not possible to type # ##0 as a format string. The number will show up as 1000 ##0.

Instead, I have to go to the numbers tab for a chart, select Integer for some expression and copy the integer format string, then paste it into the formula - and wow! - it works! It looks the same, but the number now comes out as 1 000. Obviously it is not space but a special character that looks like space.

My question is; is it possible to write the Integer-with-space-format-code with the keyboard instead of doing the copy-paste work-around?

/Christian

Email: christian.lauritzen@b3.se
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Christian,

but you can set the thousand separator to space:

=num(sum(count), '# ##0', ',', ' ')

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Christian_Lauritzen
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

I should mention, there is a very techy solution to make the formatting work, namely, instead of typing space, you press control and type 160. That generates the magic special character. That does the trick but it is silly and it should not be expected for a user to memorize a special ascii code to make formatting work... My question is rather if there is a "normal" solution.

/C

Email: christian.lauritzen@b3.se
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Christian,

but you can set the thousand separator to space:

=num(sum(count), '# ##0', ',', ' ')

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Christian_Lauritzen
Partner - Creator II