Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III

0 values being regarded as Null values

Dear Qlikview User

I am loading in an excel spreadsheet which can contain 0 values in my Numertor field. I want to the dataset to contain 0 values

It seems as though my QVW is reagrding 0 values as Null, and was wondering if someone knew a nifty formula which regards  0 values as an interger

Kind Regards

Helen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

You are using a calculated dimension in your chart which says If(TB_Show_On_Overview = 1..... Check the below image

Capture.PNG

Why do you need this if condition? Not sure I understand this..

View solution in original post

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

Is this for a specific chart or are you seeing this in a table box view? If this is for a chart, may be you need to uncheck 'Suppress Zero Value' on the presentation tab to see 0s

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

this might be helpful:

Re: How to show null values as zero?

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello Sunny

Thank you for your suggestion, but it does not appear to solve my problem. I have attached a QVW which outlines the problem.  I am loading in data which contains either:

-            = No data available Yet

0              Genuine 0 value

Value        Genuine value

My expression is written to try and ignore the Null values and show the first value which is not a Null, which in this instance is displayed as a - in the data set

I am trying to display a sum of 1 (TB_Numerator) in the "Latest Month" column in the table, but my expression appears to be ignoring all the other values and opting to show data for 02/01/2016

Are you able to provide any assistance

Kind Regards

Helen

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you for your suggestion, but it does not appear to solve my problem. I have attached a QVW which outlines the problem.  I am loading in data which contains either:

-            = No data available Yet

0              Genuine 0 value

Value        Genuine value

My expression is written to try and ignore the Null values and show the first value which is not a Null, which in this instance is displayed as a - in the data set

I am trying to display a sum of 1 (TB_Numerator) in the "Latest Month" column in the table, but my expression appears to be ignoring all the other values and opting to show data for 02/01/2016

Are you able to provide any assistance

Kind Regards

Helen

sunny_talwar

You are using a calculated dimension in your chart which says If(TB_Show_On_Overview = 1..... Check the below image

Capture.PNG

Why do you need this if condition? Not sure I understand this..

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

Also have a look here:

Expression in List Box

Null as zero

hope this helps

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello Sunny

This field is just a flag set to a 1 or a 0, as there will be two pages to my final presentation. On the overview page I only want to show 3 metrics, but when the end user navigates to a different page, all metrics will be shown. This field is controlling what the user sees as the overview page

Kind Regards

Helen

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Damn that's it!  I hadn't completed the entire column.  I have made the change and now it is showing accurately

sunny_talwar

Superb... I am glad you finally figured it out on your own....