Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

100% Stacked Bar Graph

Hello All

I have to build an Stacked Bar Graph where all bars sum 100%.

One dimention its, for instance, "months" and the other one is "Clients" and the expresion its a count of an specific item.

So, what i have to show its how participate each client on the total count for each month.

Let me ilustrate with an example table:

MONTH

CLIENT 1 2 3 4 TOTAL

X1 100 300 200 100 700

X2 350 300 100 150 900

X3 200 100 100 150 550

If i make an stacked bar graph abput this table, you will not see 100% bars. Will see 3 bars of diferents sizes based on Sum of quantities.

What i need are 3 100% bars based on participation.

Any help please????

Thanks for All

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Use TOTAL <CLIENT> to make the values a percentage:

Sum(Amount)/Sum(TOTAL <CLIENT> Amount)

I've attached a sample using your provided data (but reformatted a bit, see the load).

View solution in original post

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Use TOTAL <CLIENT> to make the values a percentage:

Sum(Amount)/Sum(TOTAL <CLIENT> Amount)

I've attached a sample using your provided data (but reformatted a bit, see the load).

Not applicable
Author

I tested and it WORKED!!!! MANY THANKS!!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi!

I want to do the same thing but I have a problem. Instead of the variable 'Amount' I have 'Cost' but not as a one short expression but as something like this:

(sum(EfCost*if(EfCurrency='ARS',1,0))*sum(if(XchangeMoneda='ARS',XchangeCotización,0))/sum(if(XchangeMoneda='ARS',1,0))

+sum(EfCost*if(EfCurrency='BRL',1,0))*sum(if(XchangeMoneda='BRL',XchangeCotización,0))/sum(if(XchangeMoneda='BRL',1,0))

+sum(EfCost*if(EfCurrency='USD',1,0)))

The problem is that the Cost comes in dfferent currencies, so with this I take it to USD. If I use the same formula for the stacked 100% with this expression I have an Error. This is waht I'm doing:

=

(sum(EfCost*if(EfCurrency='ARS',1,0))*sum(if(XchangeMoneda='ARS',XchangeCotización,0))/sum(if(XchangeMoneda='ARS',1,0))

+sum(EfCost*if(EfCurrency='BRL',1,0))*sum(if(XchangeMoneda='BRL',XchangeCotización,0))/sum(if(XchangeMoneda='BRL',1,0))

/

sum(total <Reserva.Fecha>

)

Any ideas??

Not applicable
Author

I have to create a chart where each bar equals to 100%... (eg. if there is A,B,C then A=50%, B=30% , C=20%)...Please advise... I have tried using relative, but it does not work

Not applicable
Author

What would the syntax be if you have 2 dimensions in your graph?  For example, I also have time period (which is the x-axis).

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Try using a Mekko Chart for this.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Dennis - I've tried doing this but it seems to aggregate everything and provide %'s across all bars.

What I want is the % to be 100% for each individual bar and want this value to appear within the segments.

Attached is what I currently have.MekkoChart.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

How can I show percentages on the x-axis? In other words, what is the percentage of each of Jan 2012, Feb 2012 and Jun 2012, where the total adds to a 100%?

Thanks

Not applicable
Author

I too would like to be able to create a 100% stacked bar chart showing percentages, side by side.  I tried the above solution, but it took the percentage of the total, instead of grouping it by what is displayed on the x axis.  Any ideas?  I understand a Mekko chart will visually do this - but I would prefer to have an offical chart with equal widths along the x axis.

Amended  - this does it... =sum(Value)/sum(Total<DateMonth> Value)