Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dseelam
Creator II
Creator II

1ST of the month issue

Hello Folks,

I got this issue from a while, But never get to know how to deal with it 

Note: My dashboard always shows yesterdays shipments on a given day, so my logic works fine whole month but when comes to 1st of the month all my logics doing wrong

Eg:

Qty Prior Month

sum({$<ReqShipDateYearMonthMM_OO={"<$(=vCurrentYYYYMM)"}, %ShipDate=, %ShipDateMonth=,

%ShipDateYear=, %ShipDateDay=, %CancelDate=, %CancelDateDay=, %CancelDateMonth=, %CancelDateYear=,

OrderDate_OO=, OrderDateDay_OO=, OrderDateMonth_OO=, OrderDateYear_OO= >} Quantity_OO)

as today is august 1st above logic should give prior month as July's data but my logic shows June's data as my vCurrentYYYYMM is 201807-- again tomorrow august 2nd it shows july data as my vCurrentYYYYMM will be 201808

How to solve this issue its the same way for all my logics

8 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

What is the expr used in your vCurrentYYYYMM variable?

And are you using MonthStart in your expr variable may be like below

Month(MonthStart(Today(1))-1)

dseelam
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Exp used vCurrentYYYYMM=vCurrMonthYear&vCurrMonthMonthNum 201807

No I am not using Month(MonthStart(Today(1))-1)

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

What does vCurrMonthMonthNum expr has?

dseelam
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I see just 07 which is July (because my last maxshipdatewas july 31st)

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

So your maxshipdate will not be Aug 1st until tomorrow which is Aug 2nd Am i right? So your source is not refreshed until tomorrow or is it refreshed today? So you are using your fieldname in your variable? If yes, so how you want to address this like if your maxshipdate reached end of month do you want to add +1. Give me some more information on how you want to do it. How this maxshipdate is created is it a fieldname in your table? What is the expression your vcurrmonthmonthname variable can you share that expression?

dseelam
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Yes you are right Vishwa max ship date will not be aug 1st untill tomorrow, my source will refresh every morning and takes max shipdate as yesterday as it has all shipped orders from yesterday,

yes if that's possible I want to add +1 once my max ship date reached end of the month,

I have a field ship date from source all we do is max(shipdate) as max shipdate, i dont see any expression in variable vcurrmonthmonthname i only see 07.

hubertdudek
Contributor III
Contributor III

Just remove ReqShipDateYearMonthMM_OO={"<$(=vCurrentYYYYMM)"} and set ShipDate = Today() - 1

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Was it hardcoded?

may be you can use like:

vCurrentYYYYMM = vCurrMonthYear& IF(shipdate = Date(MonthStart(Today(1))-1), Num(Month(Date(Shipdate +1, 'M/D/YYYY'))), Num(Month(Shipdate)))