Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

2 Formula in if expression

Hi, I'm so new for Qlikview and i need suggestion from here to solve my problem "Out of Memory Object".

Fact Data Size : 580M Record (Sales: 2 Year , 1 Quarter)

Product Hierachy : Division >> Group >> Department >> Class >> SubClass >> Item

QVW size = 60GB

Ex.jpg

Logic :     Startup formula is Month To Date  (No Selection)

When select any time series the formula will change follow selected

Formula:

=if( GetSelectedCount(Year)>0

or GetSelectedCount(Month) > 0

or GetSelectedCount(Quater) > 0

or GetSelectedCount([Day of Week]) > 0

or GetSelectedCount(Week) > 0

or GetSelectedCount(Day) > 0

or GetSelectedCount(Holiday) > 0

or GetSelectedCount(ACCOUNTING_WEEK) > 0 , $(vNetSalesTY),$(vNetSalesMTDTY))

$(vNetSalesTY) = Sum(if(Year=$(=vMaxBillingYear) and Date <=$(=(max([Billing Date]))),[Net Sales]))

$(vNetSalesMTDTY) = Sum(if(_FactYear=$(=(vMaxBillingYear))  and _FactMonth = $(=(vMaxMonthNum)) and Date <=$(=(max([Billing Date]))), [Net Sales]))

I do know this is too complex formula , i try to find out greater than thing or i should go back to use SET formular again.

Thank you very much.

My server Spec.

screenshot_14.jpg

1 Reply
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Try this expressions.

For vNetSalesTY =

Sum({<Year = {"$(vMaxBillingYear)"},Date = {"<=$(=max(Billing Date))"}>}Net_Sales)

For vNetSalesMTDTY =

Sum({<FactYear = {"$(vMaxBillingYear)"},FactMonth = {"$(vMaxMonthNum)"},Date = {"<=$(=max(Billing Date))"}>}Net_Sales)

Always Remember Sum(if...) is a resource intensive expression. Dont use it when you have millions of records.

Always try to convert your expression in set expression.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!