Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

64 bit ODBC Problem

Hi All;

i upload my screenshot blow there and my mproblem is i do not connect oracle database via ODBC
my pc is win 7(ultimate) OS and 64 bit. But in same OS in 32 bit i can connect to oracle DB via ODBC.
I set all configuration clearly i tested connection and it works correctly.
but in QV ODBC connection i see my user data source but i can not connect to my tables.

so i think it is about win 7 64 bit version...

Is any body can help me !!!

error loading image

Thanks in Advance

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi;

I just saw your post.

Firstly i reinstalled my oracle client

In my PC (Dell Win7 64bit), ODBC Data Source Administrator is in different folder.

I found ODBC Data Source Administrator in this path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

redefine my data source then the problem is over.

If something obsess you, please ask me...

Best Regards...

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Are you sure your ODBC connection is 64 bits ?

Did you set your TNSNAME.ora and SQL files correctly ?

To test it you can double check with Excel for example.

I'm able to make it work using Win 2003 64 Bits after installing the correct ODBC driver (64). So I guess this could be the issue..

Rgds,

Sébastien

colinh
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

You can find the 64 bit Oracle 10g Client here: http://www.oracle.com/technology/software/products/database/oracle10g/htdocs/10201winx64soft.html

If your database is earlier than 9i you might have a problem. I could not find a 64 bit driver that would work with Oracle 8.0.5 and the 32 bit driver would not work with QlikView, either 32 bit or 64 bit, installed on a 64 bit machine. I resorted to extracting on a 32 bit machine and copying the QVDs to the 64 bit machine with a scheduled batch file.

Good luck...

Not applicable
Author

There is the option to install the 32 bits Driver and install Qlikview Developper 32 bits on your server.

Then you create the qvds using a batch.

Rgds,

Sébastien

tatengue
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Selcuk,

I have the same problem with ORACLE ODBC DRIVER 64 bit

How resolve this issue?

Regards.

Enrique.

Not applicable
Author

Hi;

I just saw your post.

Firstly i reinstalled my oracle client

In my PC (Dell Win7 64bit), ODBC Data Source Administrator is in different folder.

I found ODBC Data Source Administrator in this path: C:\Windows\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe

redefine my data source then the problem is over.

If something obsess you, please ask me...

Best Regards...

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Selcuk,

In addition to this, if you are using QV version 9, you will need to have both 64 and 32 bits versions installed, since in QV 9 64 you cannot access to 32 bit ODBC sources and otherwise.

Installations can coexist if you install them in different folders.

Regards.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, How did you redifine? I have the same problem. 64 bit odbc drivers are not seen through 32 bit odbc programs. I have to odbc programs as follows.

C:\WiNNT\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe - 32 bit drivers

C:\WINNT\system32\odbcad32.exe - 64 bit drivers.

I am unable to load using publisher.It gives following error

Failed to read ScriptErrorCount. Exception=System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at QVBWrapper.Document.Reload(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, Boolean i_MonitorQVBCPUUsage, Boolean i_Partial, Boolean i_ReadDocumentLog)
The Source Document was NOT reloaded successfully.

Reload failed.
Reload failed. Distribution skipped.
The task "db_conn" failed. ErrorCount=4