Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brunolelli87
Creator II
Creator II

A help to generate a new file

Hello guys,

I was using a Personal Edition of QlikView 12 when suddenly my computer stopped working. So, I bought a new computer and downloaded the last version of Qlikview Personal Edition (12.50), but I can't open my file anymore!

It says: Failed to open document.

I read somewhere that I could re-open it in different computers 4 or 5 times (or something like that)... and I haven't oppened this file in any other computer yet... so what's going on?

Can someone open it and save it with a different name and send it to me, please?
I spent lots of hours working on my personal project and suddenly I lost everything...

I' ve also tried to open with no data and/or change some configurations on Help > About QlikView... but nothing worked...

It's so sad!
Thank you guys

I really appreciate if someone could help me!

6 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

@brunolelli87 

Unfortunately that too (people here opening it and saving it in a different name and sharing with you) would not help; you would not be able to open it then too. If you ignored the warning message and tried to open and still didn't work you, that means you have exhausted your all four chances. Sadly, you are left with only option of buying a license.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/April2020/Subsystems/Client/Content/QV_QlikView/QlikView_Person...

brunolelli87
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you so much, but unfurtunately your link is not working.

I would love to buy 1 license for my personal desktop edition!

How can I do it?

Thank you

edwin
Master II
Master II

here is one way, this is text representation of your QVW.  the load script is your actual script, each of the XMLs represent your objects (charts start with CH).  you can look at the individual chart and see the dimensions and expressions you used.  create a new QVW, say STOCK.qvw, copy paste the contents of load script file.  this will recover your script.  reload and prior to saving, create a folder called STOCK-prj.

save it.  it will then create the project files .  this is actually a breakdown of our QVW including all expressions.

what i havent tried is if you copy paste the CH xmls from the zip to your new project folder - if that will create an object  when you next open the QVW.

if that fails you at least can just copy paste the expressions.

in 

edwin
Master II
Master II

@brunolelli87 did that help?  im curious how licensed and non-licensed QV users can share files

brunolelli87
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Thank you so much Mr. Edwin, but I didn't have time to try it yet.

I'll let you know as soon as possible.

Thank you

brunolelli87
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello!

I'm writing you just to inform that your solution did not worked well... I'm still getting the same error message.

But, on the other hand, the script you sent me on .TXT file worked perfectly well, so, now I'm able to recreate all charts!

Thank you so much