Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

A simple "Click the Reload Button" Macro

Hi

Just had Qlikview for windows Installed version 9.00.7469.8 SR4

to show the statistics of our ICT helpdesk. We have a data import thats is scheduled every 15 mins, but then to update the screen stats we have to manually press the reload button in the tool bar.......

Now, i have searched this forum , and google and there is a lot of information however nothing that specifically shows me how to create a very basic/simple macro to automate the pressing of this reload button, every 15 or so minutes.

Could anyone offer some assitance please

many many many many thanks in advance for any help you can offer

Jon

5 Replies
wizardo
Creator III
Creator III

Hi there Jon.

put this line of code in a macro sub and link the sub to a button.

ActiveDocument.DoReload 2,false,false

1st parameter is:INTEGER- Error handling mode
0 = Default
1 = Attempt recovery on all errors
2 = Fail on all errors

2nd parameter is:BOOLEAN - True for partial reload

3rd parameter is:BOOLEAN - True if debug breakpoints to be honored

if you installed a full installation of qlikview then you should have a file called APIGUIDE.QVW somewhere in the documantation.

this files shows all the objects and methods that qlikview exposes for use in macro automation.

Mansyno

Not applicable
Author

Thats great but how do I schedule it

many thanks

wizardo
Creator III
Creator III

hi,

im sorry i missread your question

as far as i know there is no way of doing that from a macro inside a document

Mansyno

Not applicable
Author

Hi Thanks for the reply

okay, well if theres no way to autmate the reload/refresh using a macro....

is there a way to schedule it using another method or tool inside qlikview, when we click the toggle front/back office buttom that also refreshed the screen which is kind of what we need. Is there a way to schedule that either?

many many thanks

Not applicable
Author

Hi

look at this example. It uses the show conditions for the sheets together with the now() function to calculate a round robin view of different tabs.

If you can live with something similar - the activation of a sheet can also trigger an action, you might want to call a macro to check on the last reload you have done and retrigger the reload.

Regards

Jürg