Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

AJAX zfc exporting large datasets

Hi All,

I have clients with databases that are in the tens to hundreds of thousands of records size, and my application presents QV in AJAX zfc exclusively.

There are tables in my application that display, in some cases, all of these rows, and a significant number of fields (30+).

My application sits outside of my customer's data ecosystem, and that means that sometimes the consumers of my application have the need to export this data in its entirety to merge into another environment, or do analysis with external data points that I can't support. When I attempt to export these (right click, select export, so I get a CSV instead of an XLS) it thinks for a while, and then says 'No connection'. This happens for tables sometimes in the thousands of rows, and I need to export many, many more than that.

What I HAVE been doing is going into the desktop application and running these exports myself and FTPing the data to the clients. Obviously this isn't scalable.

I assume I'm hitting some kind of timeout. I've messed with all of the timeout settings in the QVS, but I need a little guidance. Are there settings that I have set wrong that is causing this? Do I need to do something in IIS, or somewhere else to allow the connection to stay open as long as it needs to export the data table?

Thanks!

-R

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

Have you tried QMC server settings?

Performance > Sessions

^ has timeout settings that might help as well as some other timing related configurations.