Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Abnormality with Month Field on Chart

Hello Everyone,

as you can see on the picture I have attached, my bar chart represents the number of Cartons according to the months.

However, on the right of the chart you can see that one Month field is called '-' which is weird as I am certain that 100 % of my entries have a date assigned ( and as a consequence a month).

Do you know what could be the cause of that ?
Cheers, I wish you all a nice day
Alex

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

That '-

' belongs to null values in your data,

check the option suppress null value in dimensions tab

View solution in original post

5 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be convert your chart in a straight table and add some more dimensions to see what is going on. One issue can be that the information for this chart is coming from different table in QlikView and the join is causing you to see Null(). With just looking at the image this is the best I can think of.

HTH

Best,

Sunny

Not applicable
Author

That '-

' belongs to null values in your data,

check the option suppress null value in dimensions tab

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Provide sample data or sample application... These are null values !

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Do you have any null values in you expression field?

Check:

NULL handling in QlikView

Feeling Qlikngry?

How To /Missing Manual(18 articles)

kuczynska
Creator III
Creator III

If you are sure that all of the month entries are populated but you still see null values in your chart, you basically have two options:

- you can either ignore it and supress the null values

or

- you want to dig deeper and find out what's going on. As advised by Sunny - display all of you related dimension in the straight table and have a look. If you don't have null values in your data set, there is one more option - there is a chance you can create them yourself. Are you using join or concatenate in your load script? Are you using any ApplyMap() functions on your table and do not have the [ , defaultexpr ] populated? In that case QV will fill them with nulls.

applymap('mapname', expr [ , defaultexpr ] )

Similar with IF statement - did you define else part in each statement? If not - it might be populated with null.

It's worth checking. Good luck!