Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bimala0507
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

About server objects

Hi All:

Can anyone tell me what are these files .qvw.Meta, .QVW.Shared, .pgo etc. in the server against each qvw.  Can these files can be deleted safely?

Kind Regards,

Bimala

5 Replies
amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Hi Bimala,

Whenever you are distributing your any qlikview application on server to share it with different users then by default these two .qvw.Meta, .QVW.Shared will automatically generate as below:

There is a feature enabled that people could do their own modifications on the access point – so called “server based objects” -> this is what help users to create there own objects according to there interest. This feature is useful when you may need something temporally .

You can delete them not an issue but if any one of user has created these temporary object in his reports then after deleting meta file all those temporary object will delete automatically. User can't see them again. Better ask users before deleting them if they have created any temporary object for their own purpose.

Thanks,
AS

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Basically there will be three types of files in your qlikview folder other then .QVW

1) .pgo file consist the license details (session , document , user CAl)

2) .meta file contains document properties details (i.e , document category, distribution list information e.t.c)

3) .Shared file contains the details of all the shared object created by the user for the respected report.

Before deleting this files you have to take care about their content explained.

Regards

ASHFAQ

bimala0507
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi Asfaq/Amit:

Thanks for the prompt response. Appreciate, if any documents regarding this could be shared.

Kind Regards,

Bimala

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

may be this document

Regards

ASHFAQ

amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Bimala,

I'm sorry I don't have any doc to support this, but yes I had a past experience on this. I deleted meta file for one of my report and for the same report one of my user has created few objects for his reporting purpose  which got disappear when i deleted the meta file.

As i had that deleted meta file on my recycle bin , I restored that file  and after running the task from QMC for that report , users can see those object which he created.

Thanks,

AS