Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Access support

I am new to QV and trying to connect ole db into my laptop but unable to connect. can someone help me understand why am i getting error msg "[DBNETLIB][Connection open(Connect()),]SQL Server does not exist or access denied. Can some one explain me what does this mean and how can i rectify this mistake. tks

11 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

hi,

Hi is sql server installed your local machine or some other machine?

Try by connecting after you turn off your firewall.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi I did download sql server but i am not sure how to turn off firewall, can u guide me. i can give u access to my laptop if you provide me ur email or the way to connect to you. tks

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Not applicable
Author

hi, Can i send you email on it. tks

Not applicable
Author

Hi Ashfaq, 

Narendra here. Do you have team viewer to chat live. Call me or skype me at kumarkumar1989.

tks

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Nagendra ,

Delete u r DNS connection and Create fresh DNS connection.May be it will help to u.

if u want , i attached Doc for , how to create a ODBC connection .Please check

ramasaisaksoft

Hi Narendra,

if u give u r contact number i will help u on this, and send me to ramasaiqvw@gmail.com

Ronnie_Taborn
Support
Support

Make sure you use a system DSN and not a User DSN. Make sure you connection is correct and account has access to the database.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sai,

I follow the instruction as you have sent to me but could not connect to ODBC connection. I have a teamviewer, if you want we can connect via it. Pl let me know. If you need to call me before let me know what number i can expect from so i can pick up the phone. tks a lot for ur help and support.

Tks

Narendra