Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Accumulated (%) values in chart

Hi all,

I am having issues creating a chart.

What I need to get is, this.

It shows me the differences in percentages of the accumulated sales of 2016 compared to 2015. January was a good month, 21,22% more sales than January of the previous year. February the same, we still score better than January-February of 2015 (15,20% higher). March was a really bad month, which made us -6,19% behind on the sales of January-March 2015. The worsening continued until June (the selected month).

I select the current month, let's say June 2016. The expression to get the value of June is:

=(sum({$<Month={"<= $(=num(Month))"},Year={$(=only(Year))}>} Sales) / sum({$<Month={"<= $(=num(Month))"},Year={$(=only(Year)-1)}>} Sales))-1

But this is to get just one value, in my chart I would also need values of the previous months, up until the selected month and year.

How do I get all of that in a chart?

Thanks in advance!

5 Replies
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

can you post a sample app

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Seems to work fine in my example?

I've used your exact formula int he chart then some of my own in the table to check it

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I see what you did, but that is not what I was looking for. You now showed me the comparison of every month, separate. I need it accumulated. You are now showing me that January, June and July were better months in 2017 than in 2016. But I need to see the total image. Was January - July 2017 also better dan January - July 2016?

This is what I should get with your values (btw you calculated 2017-2016/2017), it should be (2017-2016/2016)

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

AH I understand now, so are you expecting only one figure to be output?

or one figure for each month

e.g. in jan compare jan + jan

in feb compare Jan-feb + jan-feb

in march compare Jan-march + jan-march ?

This should be possible, I mean it can be done in a table for sure, a chart might just be trickier!

Not applicable
Author

In January 2017, when I select January 2017, it should be a chart with only one bar (the bar that shows the difference (%) between Jan 2016 and Jan 2017).

In July 2017, when I select July 2017, it should be a chart with 7 bars. Exactly the same chart as in June 2014, but with one extra bar, the bar that shows the difference (%) between Jan-July 2016 and Jan-July 2017.

A chart would be nice if possible...

Chart in July

Chart in June

Chart in Feb