Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Activating listbox automatically

Hi all,

I have a list of timestamps and they are all in a listbox.

Now I want the actual/newest timestamp being activated automatically when going into this worksheet.

Is there a possibility to realise this?

Thank you for your help.      

Robert

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Maxstring(TimestampField).

Check with text box whether you are getting same format as you have for the field..

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

Yes there is!

Use the OnActivate sheet trigger. You'll presumably need something like Max(YourTimeStamp) as your value.

marcus_sommer

You could try it with an action with an OnSheetActivate trigger on this timestamp-field with a condition like:

timestamp(max([timestamp-field]))

- Marcus

tracysmart
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Robert

you can add a Trigger in the Sheet properties. On Activate Sheet - Select in Field (YourFieldname) - Search String will be =Max(TimestampField)

Tracy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for helping!

... but this doesn't work.

Is =Max(TimestampField) right?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Maxstring(TimestampField).

Check with text box whether you are getting same format as you have for the field..

marcus_sommer

You need to ensure that your TimestampField is really a timestamp respectively numeric - if not it need to bechanged within the script with timestam#(TimestampField, 'YourFormatPattern'). Further you need to format the output from the max-function because their return will be a pure numeric number and not have a string-representation.

- Marcus

marcus_sommer

I would do further checks with various different timestamp-values to ensure that the alpha-numeric return is really always the max. timestamp.

- Marcus