Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Community Office Hours, March 20th. Former Talend Community users, ask your questions live. SIGN UP
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Activating multiple sheets

I have the following document. When I select the 'Hello' text box in sheet1 I want it to show me only the the 'main' and 'sheet2' tabs. Sheet 3 shouldnt be show. Likewise I need it to be able to toggle back to show everything.

Many thanks for the help

6 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

Add a variable.

Set / reset the variable when you click on the HELLO text

Remove the sheet triggers

In General tab of the sheet use the conditional show and the variable to show/hide the sheet

Look a t the attachment

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks that works well. What if however I had many different tabs which I were to show / hide navigate via a main page ? Would this still be the best method to use or is there a better method ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi I have attached an updated file which should make it a lot clearer in terms of what im trying to do.

Basically the only the 'main sheet' should display when you initially open the file. Clicking on any of the text boxes should take you to the respective tabs hiding out others.

For instance

- if I click on the Australia text box in the main sheet it should display only the Australia tabs with the landing page being AustraliaSheet1.

- If I click on the USA text box in the main sheet it should display only the USA tabs with the landing page being USASheet1.

If I click on the Europe text box in the main sheet it should display only the Europe tabs with the landing page being EuropeSheet1.

Thanks

maxgro
MVP
MVP

in the attachment

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, I managed to do this also. One thing which Im having issues with is the back button. ( I understand the back button doesn't work so well when working with variables). Basically I want to be able to go back at any point using a single click.

maxgro
MVP
MVP

I added a Home text to go back to the home (main) page.

In my attachment it seems the back button works, when I click it I go back to main sheet.