cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Add Left Join

Hello All,

I am working on an application which was already developed by someone else. I came across one of the joins condition "Add Left Join", at first I thought it must be "Add Load', but it seems that it is "Add Left Join", I would like to know if it exists or not before going into a discussion with the concerned people. If that particular condition exists can anyone please explain it's working.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes they are equivalent.

ADD, LEFT and JOIN(tablename) are all LOAD statement prefixes. The order in which you specify them is not important. As prefixes generally do, they should be placed before the LOAD keyword.

View solution in original post

12 Replies
vikasmahajan

TableA :

load * from Sales

left join (TableA)

load * from orders

where condition ;

HTH

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Use left join simple.

avinashelite

Is it a comment like Add left join or its a script statement ??

could you please share the script ? so that we can try to identify how its used in the script ??

avinashelite

I feel they have written it for the Partial reload purpose ...

i.e if you click on the partial reload option from the file menu only the  table with the Add left join will get loaded and the other statements will be ignored

Hope this helps you

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Indeed. The ADD prefix doesn't do anything during a normal script run. However it kicks into action when performing a Partial Reload. ADD tries to load data without first removing the target table. Sort of a switchable CONCATENATE LOAD. Compare this to its counterpart REPLACE which will effectively drop the existing target table during a partial reload, before loading new rows.

Not sure whether this can be sensibly combined with a LEFT JOIN though... Does it work?

avinashelite

Hi pcammaert‌ , yes its works fine with the left join . Just now I tested with same data it works fine

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Avinash,

Thanks for the quick response. So according to what you say

Add Left join

Load * from..............

and

Left Join

Add Load * from .................

are the same right?

avinashelite

If you go for normal reload then both are same ...both the statements will execute but if go for Partial reload then only the

Add Left join

Load * from..............

will get executed and rest of the statements will retain the old data

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

If we do a partial reload according to my knowledge, only the tables with Add or Replace prefixes will execute ignoring all the other tables. So here will the both Loads execute and return the same output?