Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Add a new column to a table where user controls its input

Hi All,

I'd like to have the user be able to control some numbers and add those numbers in my table (all go in a new column).What's the best way to do so? Should I create variables and then have an input box (then can I create a field in my table based on those variables?)

Here's the table (comes from various sources): The UserInputs column is empty just that you guys understand what I'll need to do.

IDCriteriaStepNumbers per each stepUserInputs
2512cri2112
2874cri3211
3290cri123
1249cri134
2840cri316
1295cri217
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

12 Replies
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

PFA attached

Capturar.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Thanks!Can you explain more on how you've done the loading? Not sure how I can use INPUTFIELD and join to my main table

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

You mark your field as InputField (check the script) and use the Inputsum() function

Not applicable
Author

I've added INPUTFIELD NewField; to the beginning of my script but it doesn't show up anywhere so that I can use Inputsum function..

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

NewField exists into your model? It must exist

Not applicable
Author

No it doesn't, and that's one of my problems, so I'll create an empty field (or with some default values) and let the user change it. Thanks!

Now one question: Is it possible that when the user inputs the value for one record, I automatically set the same value for the other records with the same Criteria? Because All of the records that have the same Criteria need to have the same value in NewField. Not sure if it's possible?

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Not sure about it´s possible, I don´t use this feature regularly.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks!:)

Not applicable
Author

Sorry one more question: How can I make sure the user can only enter integers?