Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Add expression in a table

Hello everybody,

I have a simple table with one dimension (Company) and several expressions (turnover, costs_1, costs_2….)

My table is like this :

Company            Turnover             Costs_1                   Costs_2                 Costs_3                     …

Toto                      3000                      300                        200                        100                                                       

Titi                        2000                      200                        250                        150

Tutu                      1000                       80                         260                        180        

Tata                       800                       100                        130                        150

Tete                       700                       120                        100                        100

Toutou                   500                        100                         80                         60

…                           …                        …                            …                         …                            …

This table contains 30 companies and I  would like to add lines “top 3” and “top 5” under the company which has rank 3 and under the company which has rank 5 (the criteria for rank is turnover).

I know the expression I want but if I add it as “expression”, I have a new column in my table and it’s not that I want. I need that “top 3” and “top 5” appear as lines, not as column, like this :

Company            Turnover             Costs_1                 Costs_2                   Costs_3                 …

Toto                      3000                      300                        200                        100                                                       

Titi                        2000                      200                        250                        150

Tutu                      1000                      80                          260                        180        

Top 3                    6000                      580                        710                        430

Tata                       800                       100                        130                        150

Tete                       700                       120                        100                        100

Top 5                    7500                      800                        940                        680

Toutou                    500                       100                        80                           60

…                           …                        …                          …                           …                      …

Do you know how can I have this result ?

Thank you

Regards

Bérengère

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

hi

in script

Originaltable:

load

Company , 

Turnover ,   

Costs_1 ,     

Costs_2  ,    

Costs_3

from original table;

concatenate

Addedtable:

load * inline [

Company , Turnover , Costs_1  ,  Costs_2 , Costs_3

6000,  580, 710, 430

7500, 800, 940, 680

];

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

so what you need is to concatenate in your original table a new line as follows (it will autoconcatenate if you use the same exact fields) :

concatenate (table1)

load

'Top3' as company,

sum(Cost3) as Top3

where

rank(turnover) >= 3

group by

company

Not applicable
Author

Hello !

Thank you for your answers. Actually I wanted to know if it was possible to have this result with options in GUI but I understand that the only way is to work with the script.

Thank you for your help !

Bérengère

giakoum
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

Please find attached an other GUI solution, which however I do not recommend at all as it involves dynamic updates, which can prove really dangerous to the server environment and macros.

Not applicable
Author

That's really nice, thank you for your file Ioannis !