Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gines_rueda
Contributor III
Contributor III

Add expressions dynamically in a table

Hi,

To keep you in the loop, I have a table with:

1 Dimension (Currency)

10 Expressions (Different kind of amounts)

I am creating expressions to do some calculations agains that values per currencie (sum, deduct)

What I need is "to split 1 expression in severals(the number of splits is dinamically provided by a field) according to a related field with that amount, but just 1 of them".

For example: lets call "INCOME" one of that expressions, that is SUM(Income Amount), I need to be able to split this with a field "Income Type" in X different expressions.

I can't use dimensions because this don't apply to all the expressions.

I was looking for something that could add expressions dinamically with a trigger or macro after the load, but all solutions are welcome.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Ginés.

1 Reply
gines_rueda
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi again,

The only solution I have found for this is:

1 - Create a field called Table Dimensions that has the values known of the rows inserted inline and the ones I only can check from an extract. Something like this:

Load * inline

[

Table Dimensions

Dimension known 1

Dimension known 2

];

OUTER JOIN

LOAD Distinct

Value AS [Table Dimensions]

;

2 - Then having in 1 field all the "Expressions" I want for my table, what I have done is the creation of a pivot table where as columns I have my Currency dimension, and for the rows I have this dimension.

3 - Create only 1 expression with a huge switch case:
pick(1+match(MyField,'Case 1','Case 2'),Default,Result1,Result2).

If you find a better way to do this, please let me know.

Regards.

Ginés.