Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Add info to a pivot table

Hi,

I have a question - probably quite a simple one, but I haven't got much experience with pivot_tables.

I have the app >> LicenseAnalyzer << which you can find in the Community, here

_Analyser_K3DS

There is a pivot table on the sheet >> DocumentCalMatrix << - well, several.

I would like to add some more info to that, I just don't know where as  both are so nicely made up as Crosstables.

I have the info which plant and which team the holder of a licence is assigned to. That would make the whole thing somewhat more practical still, but, well, obviously I cannot add it as dimension (although it should not be a problem, I have cleansed the data coming from our HR system so that every employee has an association with only one plant and one team.

But it's obviously not working, I'm doing something wrong.

Can somebody advise me here?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

11 Replies
Colin-Albert

What are the AD entries for your DSC in the QMC? Is there just one entry?

How does the user list in the QMC compare to the XML data?

You may need to create a mapping table to link the users from Qlik to the HR accounts and manage this manually!

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Colin,

strange: When I open this "assigning-dialog" in the QMC and search for those two names that I have tested, I can find only one instance of each name there - still in the xml file there are two.

So maybe there is some obsolete old data in the xml file?

I will try deleting that so that a fresh one is written next time round and I'll see. But I cannot do that myself as the server is oob (out of bounds 😉 for me, and the colleague who can do so is gone for two weeks ...

What triggers the QMC to write a new copy of that file anyway? Is that done automatically, or only every time something about the allocation of licenses is changed?

Thanks a lot!