Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Add new Font Types

Is it possible to import fonts into QV? The users would like to customize the app to their enterprise standard and Helvetica for instance is not listed in the fonts list.

4 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Amirvas,

Came across your post while I had the same problem yesterday. If you haven't resolved the problem yet, hopefully this will help.

I run Qlikview in the server (developing by making use of the server license) and some of the suggestions I've read advised installing the font on the on the server itself. But I've gotten away with downloading the TrueType font "Futura TEE" from Download FuturaTEE Font - Free Font Download and installing it on my Windows pc. The font will then be available under C:\Windows\Fonts.

When I started my pc up this morning the font appeared under the font selection drop-down (as below). 

font install.png

avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

That's a good option thanks

Not applicable

However, this only works when you have the font installed on client PC.

If the local user's PC does not have the font installed, QVW running from Access Point portal will not redener the font correctly. (Internet Explorer plugin will not work on the new font installed on developer PC and QVS host, but not on users' desktop PCs.)

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Prerequisites:

• Custom font must be available in Windows' fonts both client and server side  
  • The font is a True Type font. Open Type fonts are not supported

Here are the instructions, how to add font as your Windows font:

1. Add the font file in Windows font folder; C:\Windows\Fonts
  2. Confirm that the font is visible in Windows > Control Panel > Fonts

For IE Plugin, the font needs to be installed both server & client side.  For AJAX, font needs to be installed on the QVS server.  Should be that easy!

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!