Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Added a Field from my Data Set as an expression, but having trouble filtering out certain variables

Hello all,

I was hoping someone might be able to help me with this script:

if(Num( DISTINCT
{<
[Project Status]-={'PROJECT AWARDED', 'COMPLETED', 'PROJECT CANCELLED', 'ON HOLD'}
>}
1)=1,
[Estimated Provject Value],'$###,###.')

Basically, I am adding this expression because I needed a field that displayed the projected value of a project. This is a currency value, which is why I added it as an expression to allow me to format as I saw fit. The filtering seems to be working, but the values are displaying as "-" in my table.

Any insights into what I may be doing wrong here?

Regards,

Myles

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

The expression  syntax is wrong . The issue is that its not obvious what you are trying to do  

Here are a couple of guessed alternatives. Note that i'm summing the Estimated Project Value and i'm not sure if that is what you want.

num(

sum(    {<[Project Status]-={'PROJECT AWARDED', 'COMPLETED', 'PROJECT CANCELLED', 'ON HOLD'}>}

[Estimated Provject Value] )

,'$###,###.')

or

num(

sum(

if( NOT(  match( [Project Status], 'PROJECT AWARDED','COMPLETED', 'PROJECT CANCELLED', 'ON HOLD') ) , [Estimated Provject Value] )

,'$###,###.')

View solution in original post

1 Reply
JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

The expression  syntax is wrong . The issue is that its not obvious what you are trying to do  

Here are a couple of guessed alternatives. Note that i'm summing the Estimated Project Value and i'm not sure if that is what you want.

num(

sum(    {<[Project Status]-={'PROJECT AWARDED', 'COMPLETED', 'PROJECT CANCELLED', 'ON HOLD'}>}

[Estimated Provject Value] )

,'$###,###.')

or

num(

sum(

if( NOT(  match( [Project Status], 'PROJECT AWARDED','COMPLETED', 'PROJECT CANCELLED', 'ON HOLD') ) , [Estimated Provject Value] )

,'$###,###.')