Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding a single line or double line to a pivot table

HI Everyone,

Does anyone know how to add a line or double line to a pivot table.  I need them for some financial apps.  I know you can underline the text but I want the line to go all the way across the pivot table or at least put a line (border) on the bottom of the cell.

See attached.  thank you so much,

21 Replies
ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Yes it is possible.

First you need to put option On the Options Design User in User Preferences

p1.png

and in the menu of the table select option to change table

P2.png

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

Sorry, but my QV version is spanish version

Not applicable
Author

HI Enrique,

That's fine I figured out what you meant by the pictures.  That won't work for what I'm trying to do - I only need the single/double line under one of the rows, not every row and that's what it is doing.  I was hoping there was a formula that would do this.  Thanks anyways - this is good to know.

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

You can change the lines bottom & Up, and the colour and the cursive, and .....

P3.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi Enrique,

Wow, that would be cool if it would work for my pivot.  See what it's doing?  We just want the lines under the specific rows (Margins) and then it's not working in the Qtr-Year expression correctly.

Trying to insert another file and can't do it.  It's putting the double line under each row and then for the Qtr-year it put the double line to the right of the Qtr-year.

line in pivot3.JPG

martynlloyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Would you consider changing the background colour of the row instead?

regards,

M.

Not applicable
Author

I also tried that but can not change the color in those 2 columns.  I wanted to hide the blank column, which is where the Qtr-Year header is displayed, but could not do that in the pivot.  I thought there would be a formula to add just the color to those cells.

ecolomer
Master II
Master II

That is because you change in all Dimensiones, you can change it only in a single cell

martynlloyd
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Community.JPG.jpg

You can use Dimensionality

I tried a little experiement with changing the background colour of a dimension using

if(dimensionality()=0, LightRed(),
if(dimensionality()>=2, LightBlue(),Green()))

Rather tedious if you have a lot of dims or expressions...

regards,

M.