Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rahulsingh12
Contributor III
Contributor III

Age Bucket with One Date Column

hi,

I have a table with only one date column which is my po date,which gives when the po was created.

I have to create a age bucket for this date column.

PO          PODate

1               1-aug-2017

2                 3-aug-2017

3               7-aug-2017

4               10-aug-2017

I want a calendar where which will have date from min of PO date to date till max PO date.

So when a user selects any date from that calendar it will give me a day difference between the two dates.

How can this be achieved.

Regards,

9 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Then Create Calendar?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
rahulsingh12
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

i have to but how do I link it to the table?

If I link it to the table only the dates in the table will get picked up and the difference will be 0.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

rahul singh wrote:

So when a user selects any date from that calendar it will give me a day difference between the two dates.

May be explain this part

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
rahulsingh12
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I will give the calendar date as a selection field to the user.

Thus if the user selects 4-aug-2017 it will give

Podate                0-1days                    2-8days               9-11days

1-aug-2017               0                             3                        0

3-aug-2017                1                              0                         0

effinty2112
Master
Master

Hi Rahul,

Don't link your calendar to the table for this purpose. Create your calendar with data field called CalDate or something that is different from PODate.

Pick a date in this calendar and try this expression used in a chart with dimension PO to give the days between PODate and the selected date.

=Interval(PODate - CalDate,'D')

Cheers

Andrew

rahulsingh12
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Andrew,

But I tried it is not working.

Regards,

Anil_Babu_Samineni

This is the case, I don't think you need any thing like Calendar and i believe you may need this?

SET DateFormat = DD/MM/YYYY;

SET TimestampFormat='DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm:ss[.fff] TT';

Load PO, PODate, Day, If(Day >= 0 and Day <= 1, Dual('0-1days',1), If(Day>=2 and Day <= 8, Dual('2-8days',2), If(Day >=9 and Day <=11,Dual('9-11days',3)))) as Day_Bucket;

Load PO, PODate, Day(PODate) as Day;

Load PO, Date(Date#(PODate,'DD-MMM-YYYY'),'DD/MM/YYYY') as PODate Inline [

PO,          PODate

1    ,           1-aug-2017

2     ,            3-aug-2017

3      ,         7-aug-2017

4       ,        10-aug-2017

];

Dimensions are PODate and

If(Day >= 0 and Day <= 1, Dual('0-1days',1), If(Day>=2 and Day <= 8, Dual('2-8days',2), If(Day >=9 and Day <=11,Dual('9-11days',3))))

OR

// Day_Bucket

Expression is Sum(PO)

Note - I think you need here transpose from Column to Row in Pivot Report for Calc. Dim

rahulsingh12
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

If I had to calculate the age for 2nd august then it won't be possible without calendar as there is no 2nd august in the table

so i think calendar is needed

rahulsingh12
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Andrew,

If there is no link in calendar and table then if a user selects a filter (which is a calendar date) then PO date will  not be selected for that period.

Only the ageing will be calculated.

regards,