Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Aggr Count distint

Hi guys,

I have to get an aggregate count distinct over time.

I wrote this expression:

rangesum(above(sum({<Month={'<=$(=max(Month))'}>}aggr(distinct count({<Month={'<=$(=max(Month))'}>} distinct [Goods Supplier]),[Goods Supplier])),0,RowNo()))

It works very well on my local pc (even with web view on), but it is totally messed up when published on the access point (see attached screen...this is not the shape I see on my pc).

This is a really mind blowing problem to me...I thought it was an object bug, but is seems not to be the case.

Any idea/suggestion on that?

Many thanks.

Matteo

19 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Yes, they do.

I actually have no idea on how to manage this issue.

marcus_sommer

Is section access is enabled in this application?

- Marcus

swuehl
MVP
MVP

What about the AsOf table?

This will link a month to YtD data. A count distinct should show you the correct YtD distinct suppliers then.

No hassle with the subtleties of the Aggr() function.

Not applicable
Author

I have already checked this fact, and this is not the case...

Not applicable
Author

Will an AsOf table work well also with uncomplete date format (YYYYMM)?

Many thanks for your collaboration!!

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Not sure what you mean with uncomplete: just using month granularity? That's shown in Henric's blog, AFAIR.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan,

I have already implemented the AsOf Table, but I can't figure out how to use it in my chart since I have to show not only YTD values (AsOfMonth can't be my dimension).

If you look at the picture I posted, in fact the blue bar chart shows monthly values, while the Yellow line is for the YTD ones.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

That should be explained in Henric's blog post, too:

"And finally, if you use

Sum({$<MonthDiff={0}>} Sales)

You will get the real, non-accumulated numbers."

Not applicable
Author

Hi Stefan,

thanks for your support.

I have already tried to use the set analysis as shown by Henric, unluckily it seems not to work in my case.

Here the expressions (AsOfMonth as the unique dimension):

YTD: num(count(distinct [Goods Supplier]),'#.##0')

MONTHLY: num(count({$<MonthDiff={0}>} distinct [Goods Supplier]),'#.##0')

I get the same result...

Please note that the minimum granularity of my data is YYYYMM (i.e. I am not given days): could this fact be the problem?

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Doubly check that your AsOf table correctly links the AsOfMonth to the other calendar month values.

Note that you should use a set expression like {$<YearDiff={0}>} for the YTD, if you follow Henric's approach.

I assume something gets wrong when you calculate the link table. Try to create table box with your month field, the AsOfMonth field and the diff flag fields. Check for some AsOfMonth values, that the relation to the month field and the flags are created correctly.