Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Aggr() , RANK() Optimization

Dear Expert,

In a State wise Table , i am trying to calculate TRADE_VALUE of a particular Member and long with comparing TOP 5 Members of that State according to TRADE_VALUE and getting out the position of a selected Member from TOP 5 Members.

=((Sum({<RM_REGION=,CLIENTTYPE_NEW={'RETAIL'}>} TRADE_VALUE) / vmaxDay))/ sum({1} aggr( if(rank((Sum({<MEMBER_NAME=,RM_REGION=,CLIENTTYPE_NEW={'RETAIL'}>}TRADE_VALUE)/vmaxDay))<=5, (Sum({<MEMBER_NAME=,RM_REGION=,CLIENTTYPE_NEW={'RETAIL'}>}TRADE_VALUE)/vmaxDay)), STATENAME_CLNT, MEMBERID))*5

BELOW I SEPARATED THE QUERY TO UNDERSTAND IT BETTER.

1) Getting TRADE_VALUE

((Sum({<RM_REGION=,CLIENTTYPE_NEW={'RETAIL'}>} TRADE_VALUE) / vmaxDay))

2)  GETTING TOP 5 MEMBERS TRADE_VALUE OF SAME STATE DIMENSIONS

sum({1} aggr( if(rank((Sum({<MEMBER_NAME=,RM_REGION=,CLIENTTYPE_NEW={'RETAIL'}>}TRADE_VALUE)/vmaxDay))<=5, (Sum({<MEMBER_NAME=,RM_REGION=,CLIENTTYPE_NEW={'RETAIL'}>}TRADE_VALUE)/vmaxDay)), STATENAME_CLNT, MEMBERID))

3)

DIVIDING 1 AND 2 AND MULTIPLYING BY 5

SELECTIONS

MEMBER SELECTED : XYZ

MONTH-YEAR : SEKECTED

RM_REGION : <MAY SELECTED SO EXCLUDED>

THE OUTPUT IS WORKING FINE, BUT ISSUE IS ITS TAKING LOTS OF TIME IN PROCESSING CAN WE HAVE ANY BETTER WAY ( EXCEPT LOAD TIME CALCULATION )

TOP5 aGGR().png

8 Replies
ganeshreddy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi jitendra,

My assumption is that you are doing complex caliculations in UI level, do them in Script level then you won't find any optimezation issues.

Regards,

Ganesh

ganeshreddy
Creator III
Creator III

I mean aggrigating in script level with group by. I hope its cleared.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Reddy,

Thanks for you Reply.

Actually doing UI level provide me flexibility to easily change the logic like:

currently it is STATE level in future i can make it as CITY level also.

Current there is calculation of RETAIL business only ( as you can see in SET Analysis) but in future if we required another column of other Business Type also..

So in all that cases i needs to manage all the possibe condition at Script level only..

Regards,

Jitendra K Vishwakarma

sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

if you used the individual statements in a text object, which one is taking long time to calculate?

ganeshreddy
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Jitender,

Atleast try to do that main TRADE_VALUE caliculation in Script level, later you can have a felxibily while doing Ctiy levelcaliculations with aggr() or adding more businesses or so.

Regards,

Ganesh

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

i have to check that. but all other columns are just basic SUM() Expression even there is no distinct count also. i have also check by removing this particular expression its work fine..

i have notice that aggr() or rank() type of expression maybe run on one CPU only its not utilized the whole CPU power.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Reddy,

But once i made TRADE_VALUE on a particular Dimension then that TRADE_VALUE can work on specific Dimension only. then i cannot derived more Business information out of that.

i hope you can understand and yes if the performance is not going to improve i am going to do that only.

Thanks

Digvijay_Singh

Can you chk if Aggr is properly working, I am not sure how it is generating virtual table of top 5 values used to sum top 5, shouldn't it end after rank comparison? Like IF(aggr(Rank(sum(Value)),Dim)<=3. Please ignore if its irrelevant as at my level its tough to identify without actually testing it.