Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shiva123
Creator
Creator

Aggregate Function Issue

Hi 

All i have a question , i am currently have an expression which is doing a aggregate function over a variable and after that i am doing a calculation . I also have a cyclic group in the chart ( pivot table ) . The problem is aggregate function works for a certain selections and for certain selections it doesn't work (my thinking is   because the aggregated dimension has multiple values) and  the aggr function cannot understand . Is there any way to solve this 

expression 

if((aggr($(varibale1 ), dimension1, dimension 2, etc ))=0 or isnull((aggr($(variable 1),  dimension1, dimension 2 , etc))),

(SUM({$<YYYY= {'2020'},>} $(variable2 )))*(avg({$<YYYY= {2020}=>} field ))

,$(varibale1 ))

here the dimension in aggr function are same and dimenison2 falls into 2 categories of dimension 1 , so its failing to calculate the logic .

any help would be appreciated 

2 Replies
alex00321
Creator II
Creator II

Hi, if you could provide some sample and the expected result, that would be helpful for others to help you. Thanks!

Shiva123
Creator
Creator
Author

@alex00321 Attached is the image , the cyclic group and the dimension 2 values are added in the aggr . If you see the last two lines they are summing up but the first line is not summing up. The  expression used for first line 

(SUM({$<YYYY= {'2020'},>} $(variable2 )))*(avg({$<YYYY= {2020}=>} field )) because there is no new data for current year and its using previous year data  and multiplying with a field .